1. Where are we going? The expedition is to northwestern Washington State, specifically to the region around Mt Rainier National Park. Other attractions are the city of Seattle, and other places in the Cascade Mountains, including Mt St Helens and the Wenatchee National Forest.
2. When? The expedition leaves Manchester at 8:15am Saturday 19 August 2000, and returns to Manchester at 8:13pm Sunday 27 August 2000. Some have made independent travel arrangements and will meet us in Seattle or Packwood.
3. Where will we stay? We will camp at the Packwood Campground in the village of Packwood, WA, about 10 miles south of Rainier National Park. This campground has modern amenities and is close to gas, groceries, and other conveniences in the village of Packwood. The campsite fee is $35 per person for the week. Certain wimps will be staying in motels. See the Resources page for more info.
4. Who can go? The trip is open to all members of Troop 45 and their families. Scouts attending without their families will be supervised appropriately. We do ask that non-scouts be under the direct supervision of parents rather than scoutmasters.
5. How will we get there? We have purchased a block of tickets on United Airlines for flights between Manchester, NH and Seattle, WA. The cost is $356.07 per person. Contact Shirley Morris for current availability.
6. Who is in charge? Scoutmaster-in-Charge for this operation is Yorke Brown. The chairman of the planning committee is Shirley Morris. Individual outings within the expedition are owned and led by different people. See the Schedule page for more information. If there is some outing you would like to go on, and you are willing to lead it or own it, please volunteer by contacting either Yorke Brown or Shirley Morris. Note that "owning" an outing does not mean that you have to lead it in the field. It means that you take responsibility for planning, including finding a leader. See the Trip Menu page and Resources page for ideas.
7. How much does it cost? Costs vary depending on what you do on the expedition. The Schedule page shows fees for all known activities. Any individual scout who really wants to go on this expedition should be able to go without regard to family financial circumstances. Contact Yorke Brown to work something out.
8. What are we going to do? That is up to you! For ideas, see the Trip Menu page and Resources page. For the current plan, see the Schedule page. Got an idea? Look here.