Sign Up Now!!! Details Below!
Sunday 18 Jul 04 -- Saturday 24 July 04
This year, Troop 45 will go to the Hidden Valley Scout Camp in Gilmonton Iron Works, NH. We will depart from Hanover at about 10:00 AM on Sunday, July 18th and will be picked up to come home on the morning of Saturday, July 24th. Our accommodations while at camp will consist of deluxe two-person tents with wooden floors and canvas cots. Meals are served in a large dining hall and the menus include some of the finest camp cuisine you can imagine. Additional information about Hidden Valley is available on the Daniel Webster Council website.
While at camp, Scouts have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of merit badges and rank advancement requirements. Hidden Valley offers a menu of over 30 different merit badges appropriate for Scouts of all ages and experience levels.Additionally, we will participate in daily Troop activities that will include things like hiking, canoeing, sailing, rifle and archery shooting, orienteering, and many others.
Here is the basic logistical information concerning our week at camp:
- Our week at Camp Bell this year runs from Sunday, July 18th through Saturday, July 24th.
- The cost of camp is $245.00. Full payment (check payable to “Troop 45”) is due by Wednesday, May 12, 2004. Note that the cost increases to $260.00 and availability of space can not be guaranteed after May 12th. "Camperships" are available in cases where the camp fee causes a financial hardship; contact a Scoutmaster for further information.
- Each Scout and adult staying in camp must have a physical exam recorded on the official BSA "Personal Health and Medical Record Form - Class 3". Forms are available at Troop meetings and in the Library portion of the Troop web site. The physical exam for Scouts and adults under 40 must be signed by a doctor no more than 2 years prior to July 24th; in other words, exams from last year are OK. Adults over 40 require an annual physical. Hidden Valley can NOT accept alternate forms and Scouts will NOT be allowed to stay at camp without a completed exam form. Make your doctor appointments now!
- Libby Barry, 643-5843, has graciously volunteered to serve as our Camp Coordinator this year. She will be finalizing the roster, collecting payments, arranging transportation and answering questions.
- Drivers will be needed on the 18th and the 24th. If you would like to drive one way or both ways, please let Libby know when you sign up for camp.
- We will have three scoutmasters or parents in camp at all times. If you would like to be one of those three and spend one or more days and nights with the Troop, please let Libby know that too. Note, this offer is open to Dads and Moms!
Sign up is easy! To sign up for Camp, parents should contact Libby Barry by calling 643-5843 or by sending email to Elizabeth.L.Barry@Dartmouth.EDU. Libby will place your Scout's name on the list and make arrangements for the Troop to receive your check. As the date for camp gets closer, we will begin working with Scouts to help them select the merit badges that they wish to work on at camp and the Troop activities that we will do.
Sign up now. We'll have a blast!!